THE ISSHINRYU KARATE CODE
(KENPO GOKUI ISSHINRYU)
1. A Person's Heart is the Same as Heaven and Earth.
2. The Blood Circulating is similar to the Sun and Moon.
3. The Manner of Drinking & Spitting can be Either Hard or Soft.
4. A Person's Unbalance is theSame as a Weight.
5. The Body must be able to Change Directions at Any Time.
6. The Time to Strike is when the Opportunity Presents Itself.
7. The Eyes must see all Sides.
8. The Ears must Listen in all Directions.
Welcome to the Isshinryu Karate Do, Stamford Dojo!!!
IKDSD was founded in Stamford in 2001, our Sensei, John
Gagnon has been a practitioner of martial arts for over forty-
years. The former Chief Instructor of the Fairfield University
Judo & Karate
Teams, Sensei Gagnon is a Renshi and Rokudan
(6th Degree Black Belt) in Karate Do Shotokai and presently is
ranked as Rokudan and Master in Isshinryu Karate Do, a style
developed and taught by Soke (Founder) Tatsuo Shimabuku.
In addition, Master
Gagnon is a Shodan in Musu Jikiden Iaido
and a Shodan (1st
Degree Black Belt) in Kodokan Judo.
Our Dojo (school) is free of charge to any student who has a
sincere interest in learning and developing proficiency in
Isshinryu Karate. We, at Stamford Dojo, are dedicated to your
studying this Okinawan style in the manner prescribed by
Shimabuku Soke and his most authentic and knowledgeable
of followers. Our primary lineages include the
Isshinryu line of
Brown Sensei and Zimmerman Sensei, the Isshinkai line of
Advincula Sensei and several of his students, the American
Okinawan Karate Associationof Lizotte Soke, the Okinawan
and Kobudo Association of Uezu Sensei, the Okinawan
Federation of Hohan Soken Soke and Premru Soke
and the Isshinryu World Karate Association of Shimabuku
(son of Tatsuo) as taught by Calandra Sensei .
Number of Visitors
Isshinryu Karate Do, Stamford Dojo, under Dr. Gagnon, is a fully
Registered and Certified CPR /
AED / FIRST AID Training Center of the National Safety Council.
1992 for IKDSD and
Updated 2009 by Joseph De Rocco